What is DHA?
Decosahexaenoic Acid (DHA) known as good fat is a long chain polyunsaturated fatty acid belonging to Omega-3 group. Our Brain contains about 10% DHA, our eyes, heart, blood vessels and even uterus contains DHA.
Why DHA, Vitamin- E and Organic Selenium?
Omega-3 and DHA cannot be produced by our body.Our changing eating habits and nature of food has decreased our required intake of DHA. Many people do not consume enough cold-water fish and foods containing Omega-3 due to variety of reasons
Researches have that Eskimos and Japanese who consume plenty of seafood have lower incidences of cardiovascular diseases,. In both the groups Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA) & docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) contents in blood were higher.
- Support Healthy heart function and blood vessel flexibility
- Promotes healthy blood fat profile
- Supports healthy eyes and good vision
- Support Healthy pregnancy and foetus development
- Helps to reduce pre-mature delivery and is essential for infant’s brain and eye development
- Helps to bring glow to skin and hair
- Helps to reduce depression after delivery
Sources of DHA
Non-veg Sources : Cold water fish like mackerel, sardines, herring are very rich sources of Omega-3 and DHA.
Veg Sources : Some of the plant sources likes Canola, Soyabean, flax, walnet contains Omega- 3 but not DHA.