Facebook has recently taken over whatsapp, one of the most famous messaging service. We all know that facebook has paid $19 billion for this deal and has given a position for the founder of whatsapp in facebook. There are some unknown facts about this deal
- The WhatsApp deal is worth more than what Facebook raised in its own IPO in 2012
- WhatsApp is Facebook’s largest-ever acquisition
- The WhatsApp acquisition is one of the IT industry‘s biggest deals. It is larger than any that Google, Microsoft or Apple have ever done.
- Informal discussions between the two companies had been going for two years.
- The WhatsApp acquisition is one of the biggest internet deals since Time Warner‘s $124 billion merger with AOL in 2001.
- WhatsApp also reportedly received an unusual offer from Google for $10 billion
- Facebook denied WhatsApp co-founder job in 2009
- WhatsApp has reached its 450 million active users base faster than any other company in history.
- Whatsapp founder’s family used to live on food stamps. The deal was closed in the same building where he once stood in line to collect food stamps.
- Facebook will have to pay $2 billion if its acquisition of WhatsApp fails to get necessary approvals.