Budget for the Financial year 2014-15 has been presented by the Finance Minister Mr. Arun Jaitley. I am not a financial analyzer but still budget impacts me and my family as a normal Indian. Some of the highlights that really intereted me are
- Tax exemption has been increased from 2 Lakhs to 2.5 lakhs for people below 60 years and to 3 Lakhs above 60 years
- The house loan interest exemption has been increased from 1.5 lakhs to 2 lakhs
- The 80c section exemption increased from 1 lakhs to 1.5 lakhs
- Education cess remains the same
- Electronic items to cost less.
- Cigrattes, gutka, Pan parag excise duty has been increased from 12% to 16%. ( I want this to be increased to 25%. What is the big deal. Anyways, the people who are using these are planning a slow death. Why not give their wealth to the Indian government before they die)
- Cool drinks (aerated water with added suger) excise duty tobe increased to 16%. ( Plan for a Healthy India)
- Soap, oil products and footware to cost less
- 24*7 power supply across
- Internet facility to Rural area
- Solar power plant in TN and Rajasthan
Usually when the party comes to power, their first budget will be most stringent one. The last budget will be most common man friendly budget. I am really surprised that the Modi’s first budget is a common man friendly budget.
As a common man it is a really a good budget.
Sonia Gandhi said
There is nothing for the social sector in Budget: Sonia Gandhi
Madam please don’t says some thing just because you have to say something
Arvind Kejriwal said:
UPA’s budget also would have been the same, just need to replace Jaitleyji with Chidambaramji, rest is same
Mr. Aravind, you are very bad in taking decisions. So please stop commenting.